Many clients I initially see are tired or exhausted all the time, experience too much stress, low energy and fatigue. Contrary to popular belief, low energy, fatigue and even weight gain, memory loss and aches and pains are not inevitable consequences of getting older. Low energy and fatigue are symptoms that your body is out of balance and may be a sign of a deeper, underlying health problem. Some factors to help you fight fatigue are below:
- Dehydration is one of the first signs of fatigue. Drink a minimum of 1-2 litres in water to insure optimal oxygenation to tissues by building blood volume. Infuse with lemon, cucumber, mint or a mix to 'flavour' your water.
- Sip on Green or Oolong before 2pm for energy and reduce excessive caffeine intake. Too much caffeine provides false energy, stimulates the adrenals, negatively affects sleep and amplifies anxiety.
- Eat a protein-rich breakfast and lunch (whole eggs, wild fish, poultry, red meat, full-fat yoghurt). Amino acids found in protein stabilise blood sugar, fuel your brain, activate feel-good neurotransmitters, increase drive and alertness.
- Choose nutrient-dense, real food at every meal and avoid carb-heavy, sugary- and chemically-filled processed foods and beverages that’ll leave you exhausted, undernourished and unsatisfied.
- Avoid energy-drainers: sugar, fizzy drinks, 'energy' drinks, gluten, wheat,sugar-filled fruity yoghurt and all processed, fake foods that drain energy after the initial high, increase inflammation (and your belly), spike insulin, and intensify cravings.
- Poorly planned vegan or vegetarian diets directly affect energy levels and are often deficient in amino acids, omega-3 fatty acids, and vital nutrients including zinc and B12.
- Identify hidden food sensitivities. Eating inflammatory foods your body’s sensitive to will leave you feeling exhausted and tired. If one feels better with meals, it’s usually due to blood sugar imbalances and hypoglycemia. If one feels worse after meals, this can be a symptom of eating the very foods that your body’s sensitive to.
A Full Health MOT will rebalance your body, improve and eliminate fatigue and exhaustion. Call Gail on 01249 818758